Technical SEO Specialist
We're seeking a full-time Technical Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist to join our Washington, DC team. As a Technical SEO Specialist, you should understand how search engines work and how to influence them. You should also be eager to experiment and have a desire to remain on the cutting edge of SEO. Candidates for this position are already working in the field and will combine skill sets from the worlds of SEO, web development, social media, PR and viral content campaigns. Preference given to candidates with prior experience in online reputation management (ORM), as well as link building and outreach.
We're proud to work with some of the best consumer brands, non-profits, advocacy groups, small businesses, associations, and influential people. Our diverse client base means a variety of fascinating challenges and learning experiences for you. Expect stimulating projects, educational opportunities, involvement in strategy, and a fun team that values your contributions.
At REQ, you'll be surrounded by people who are curious, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. We're a team of thinkers, creators, and builders who act as trusted advisers to our clients and stewards of their marketing budgets. We enjoy each other’s company and have fun while we work, which is why we were named as a Best Place to Work in the Washingtonian and Washington Business Journal.
- Identify, plan, and execute technical SEO recommendations for client programs including but not limited to:
- Keyword research and development of organic keyword lists
- Content optimization
- Link building and outreach efforts
- Site architecture & page load speed consulting
- Site Migrations and Redesigns
- Perform on and off page technical SEO audits and competitor analyses
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships for content promotion and link opportunities
- Track, analyze, and optimize campaign performance based on client KPIs
- Troubleshoot performance issues and strategize solutions
- Maintain up-to-date, personal knowledge of SEO in line with industry trends
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- 2 - 4 years of hands-on SEO experience (agency setting preferred)
- Experience with industry tools (Moz, Ahrefs, SEMRush, BrightEdge, STAT, Google Search Console, ScreamingFrog, Deepcrawl)
- Experience with analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Omniture
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Digital advertising experience a plus (paid search, social media advertising, media planning)
- DC metro area candidates only
Salary commensurate with experience and includes a full benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Technical SEO Specialist" in the subject line.
No contractors or recruiters, please.
REQ is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.