Social Media Strategist
We're seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time Social Media Strategist within our Washington, DC office. As a Social Media Strategist, you will work closely with the Client Services, Creative, and Technology teams, and report to our Executive Vice President / Creative Director to maximize quality, productivity, and efficiency.
We build brands online, and we're proud to work with some of the best consumer brands, non-profits, advocacy groups, small businesses, associations, and influential people. Our diverse client base means a variety of fascinating challenges and learning experiences for you. Expect stimulating projects, educational opportunities, involvement in strategy, and a fun team that values your contributions.
At REQ, you'll be surrounded by people who are curious, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. We're a team of thinkers, creators, and builders who act as trusted advisers to our clients and stewards of their marketing budgets. We enjoy each other’s company and have fun while we work, which is why we were named as a Best Place to Work in the Washingtonian and Washington Business Journal.
- Translate business objectives into creative social media and content strategies
- Develop social media campaigns to achieve goals and engage target audiences
- Develop KPIs and track and report against them while aligning team’s activities to achieve them
- Manage social media for B2B and B2G clients across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Develop content calendar and draft copy for each social media channel
- Schedule and publish posts using tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and Buffer
- Respond to comments in a timely manner to engage users
- Develop playbook and social media guidelines for content development, approval processes, and rapid response
- Use social media monitoring tools, such as Sysomos, to find and engage conversations relevant to our clients
- Coordinate with resourcing manager and creative team to design visuals to accompany social media content
- Work closely with SEO and Digital Advertising teams to ensure best practices are being followed
- Compile data across several social media platforms and create weekly/monthly reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development
- Execute on copywriting, copy editing, storyboarding, and the development of strategic social calendars
- A four-year college degree in advertising, marketing, business, communication studies, or a related field is mandatory
- 2+ years of agency experience in digital advertising, mainly social media marketing and/or influencer development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Expertise in, and passion for, search, social media, user experience, technical development, and digital marketing
- Knowledge of social media platforms and advertising
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project, Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager and Twitter Ads Dashboard
- Strong understanding in Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Google advertising
- Some exposure to WordPress, Drupal, HTML and CSS is a plus
- Experience using Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Buffer, Meltwater and Sysomos is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of search engine optimization and search engine marketing fundamentals
- DC metro area candidates only
Salary commensurate with experience and includes a full benefits package. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Social Media Strategist” in the subject line.
No contractors or recruiters, please.
REQ is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.