Paid Media Strategist
We’re seeking a Paid Media Strategist for our Washington, DC office. This team is responsible for developing and executing media plans for clients that span consumer brands, non-profits, advocacy groups and small businesses.
The Paid Media Strategist will be responsible for planning, implementing, analyzing and optimizing paid digital marketing activities across a portfolio of clients. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing and executing successful omnichannel digital advertising campaigns and an insatiable passion for digital marketing.
At REQ, you will be surrounded by a team of thinkers, creators and builders who act as trusted advisors to our clients and stewards of their marketing budgets. We enjoy each other’s company and have fun while we work which is why we were named as a Best Place to Work by Inc., Washingtonian and Washington Business Journal.
- Develop strategic media plans that reach target audiences and exceed client goals. This includes identifying the best mix of ad platforms, audience targets, creative formats and landing pages
- Launch campaigns in self-serve platforms and coordinate ad buys with vendors and publishers
- Regularly analyze and optimize advertising campaigns to ensure KPIs are being met
- Regularly consult with clients over the phone or in-person to review strategy, performance reports and communicate insights and recommendations
- Provide ongoing training and development to Digital Marketing Associates and Interns
- Support the business development team on advertising proposals for prospective clients
- Keep the company informed of advertising industry news, trends and vendor updates
- Develop case studies and blog posts and identify opportunities to test new strategies, platforms, etc.
- Demonstrate expert-level knowledge of paid digital and social media platforms including but not limited to:
- Search – Google Ads, Bing Ads
- Social Media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Programmatic display
- Video – YouTube, OTT/CTV
- Content marketing platforms
- Amazon advertising
- Digital audio
- Direct media buys
- Demonstrate expert-level knowledge of tracking standards for advertising campaigns and platforms
- Ensure that assigned paid media programs are operating profitably and efficiently
- Ability to work fast, prioritize multiple client projects and shift focus when required
- Maintain exceptional attention to detail and high standards of quality on all work produced
- Be proactive with account recommendations and share industry insights
- Ensure professional communication, both online and in person, in all interactions with clients and team members
- Collaborate and work well within a team environment
- Maintain a positive attitude
- 3+ years of implementing successful paid, omni-channel advertising strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of paid advertising platforms including but not limited to paid search, paid social, content marketing, video and programmatic platforms
- Experience with direct media buying and planning
- Google Ads and Google Analytics certification/accreditation required
- Substantial analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets
- Demonstrated understanding of tracking methods and attribution models
- Agency experience preferred
- Experience with automated marketing platforms i.e. bid management systems a plus
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- DC metro area candidates only
Salary commensurate with experience and includes a full benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Paid Media Strategist" in the subject line.
No contractors or recruiters, please.
REQ is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.