Senior Paid Media Strategist, Display
We're seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time display strategist role within our San Diego, CA office. As a Senior Paid Media Strategist, you will work closely with the Client Services, Earned Media, Analytics, and Creative teams, and report to our Associate Director of Paid Media to maximize quality, productivity, and efficiency.
The Senior Paid Media Strategist is self-motivated and an effective problem solver who prioritizes and manages workload to meet deadlines and push success for their clients. They possess a strong background in not only tactical media plan execution but also creative strategy development.
We build brands online, and we're proud to work with some of the best consumer brands, non-profits, advocacy groups, small businesses, associations, and influential people. Our diverse client base means a variety of fascinating challenges and learning experiences for you. Expect stimulating projects, educational opportunities, involvement in strategy, and a fun team that values your contributions.
At REQ, you'll be surrounded by people who are curious, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. We're a team of thinkers, creators, and builders who act as trusted advisers to our clients and stewards of their marketing budgets. We enjoy each other’s company and have fun while we work, which is why we’ve been named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work.
- Lead the day-to-day management of client display programs including strategy, implementation, optimizations and recommendations, execution details such as creative ideation, budgets/accounting and overall goal achievement
- Understand the client’s product, marketing objectives and digital goals with an emphasis on display, presenting to clients on a regular basis
- Monitor, track and evaluate campaign performance based on client KPIs and provide actionable insights to the client on an ongoing basis
- Execute strategic audits and contribute to pitch decks showcasing display, mobile, video and native strategies and opportunities with prospective clients
- Be resourceful and think creatively to develop forward thinking strategies for your clients as well as improve internal processes for increased efficiencies. Create SOPs for new processes.
- Work closely and seamlessly with other internal channels (search, social) and departments to develop integrated display campaigns that align with a full-funnel strategy
- Serve as a team leader with minimal supervision bringing knowledge to the internal team and to clients
- Train and mentor strategists and specialists by providing education and insights on industry best practices
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in the space (industry news, case studies, UI updates and betas, etc.)
- Be a thought leader for the display team and for REQ, contributing to company blogs and providing industry POVs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of display campaign management and ad ops integrations
- Tag management and implementation within Google Campaign Manager and on client websites
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics. Working knowledge of Google Tag Manager a plus.
- Media planning and buying experience, including 3rd party vendor relations and managing Insertion Orders
- Hands-on experience with self-serve bid management tools a plus (i.e. Display & Video 360, Centro Basis, etc.)
- Experience with industry research tools and media research tools (Kantar, SemRush, MOAT, etc.)
- Previous client-facing role and providing exceptional service a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including client presentations.
- A self-starting mentality, proactively bringing ideas to the table and a team player
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Senior Paid Media Strategist, Display" in the subject line.
Salary commensurate with experience and includes a full benefits package. Please include writing samples in your application email.
No contractors or recruiters, please.
REQ is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.