Intern - Paid Media, PPC
We're seeking a candidate for a paid search (PPC, SEM) intern role in our San Diego, CA office. As a Paid Media Intern, your role will be to support the paid search team, working closely with the Paid Media Strategists on the team, as well as the Client Services, Earned Media, and Analytics teams, and report to our Associate Director of Paid Media to maximize quality, productivity, and efficiency. You will be responsible for assisting in the daily execution of search engine marketing campaigns across several clients.
The Paid Media Intern is self-motivated and an effective problem solver who prioritizes and manages workload to meet deadlines. They are passionate in their desire to learn paid search and digital marketing as a whole. They will be trained on how to navigate Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, and other platforms while being provided with the proper resources and materials to feel confident in doing so.
We build brands online, and we're proud to work with some of the best consumer brands, non-profits, advocacy groups, small businesses, associations, and influential people. Our diverse client base means a variety of fascinating challenges and learning experiences for you. Expect stimulating projects, educational opportunities, involvement in strategy, and a fun team that values your contributions.
At REQ, you'll be surrounded by people who are curious, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. We're a team of thinkers, creators, and builders who act as trusted advisers to our clients and stewards of their marketing budgets. We enjoy each other’s company and have fun while we work, which is why we’ve been named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work.
- Passion for digital marketing
- Basic understanding of Excel and how formulas work
- Experience working in Google Sheets and Excel
- General understanding of what paid search is
- Demonstrated individual development and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Desire to continually learn and engage in the transfer of knowledge with internal stakeholders
- In college, preferably pursuing a degree in Marketing or Communications/PR
- Serve as a valuable resource to the paid search team and collaborate with strategists to support in campaign management
- Refer to Google Ads and Microsoft Ads training courses in order to gain a better understanding of the platforms and ad account management and reporting
- Provide meaningful ad copy to be used in campaigns across different verticals that speaks to the target audience and encourages users to take action
- Track media spend and budget pacing for multiple advertising accounts
- Assist with brainstorming & building keyword lists, extensions, and more based on client goals and industry insights
- Assist with monitoring, tracking and evaluating campaign performance based on client KPIs
- Upload ad campaigns into publisher platforms with quality assurance before delivery
- Assist with analysis and reporting, utilizing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, etc
- Self-manage deliverables, timelines, and project statuses and report any issues to manager
- Review weekly and/or monthly reports to gain a better understanding of campaign performance and how to optimize campaigns accordingly
- Stay up to date with industry trends and reviews consumer and industry insights to expand their knowledge
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Intern - Paid Media, PPC (San Diego)" in the subject line.
No contractors or recruiters, please.
REQ is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.