Paid Media Strategist, PPC
We're seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time paid search (PPC, SEM) strategist role within either our San Diego, CA office. As a Paid Media Strategist, you will work closely with the Client Services, Earned Media, and Analytics teams, and report to our Associate Director of Paid Media to maximize quality, productivity, and efficiency. You will be directly responsible for the daily execution of search engine marketing campaigns across several clients, specifically including but not limited to initial planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting for high profile and complex clients’ search media campaigns.
The Paid Media Strategist is self-motivated and an effective problem solver who prioritizes and manages workload to meet deadlines and push success for their clients. They possess a strong background in not only tactical media plan execution but also creative strategy development.
We build brands online, and we're proud to work with some of the best consumer brands, non-profits, advocacy groups, small businesses, associations, and influential people. Our diverse client base means a variety of fascinating challenges and learning experiences for you. Expect stimulating projects, educational opportunities, involvement in strategy, and a fun team that values your contributions.
At REQ, you'll be surrounded by people who are curious, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. We're a team of thinkers, creators, and builders who act as trusted advisers to our clients and stewards of their marketing budgets. We enjoy each other’s company and have fun while we work, which is why we’ve been named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work.
- Day-to-day management of client paid search accounts across multiple platforms (Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, etc.) including campaign planning, implementation, budget management, optimizations, recommendations, and overall goal achievement
- Understand the client’s product, marketing objectives and digital goals with an emphasis on paid search, presenting to clients on a regular basis
- Monitor, track and evaluate campaign performance based on client KPIs and provide actionable insights to the client on an ongoing basis
- Communicate with clients on all elements of the campaign, including performance reporting, project status and client goals
- Execute strategic audits and contribute to pitch decks showcasing paid search strategies and opportunities with prospective clients
- Work closely and seamlessly with other internal channels (display, social) and departments to develop integrated campaigns that align with a full-funnel strategy
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in the space (industry news, case studies, UI updates and betas, etc.)
- Be a thought leader for the paid search team and for REQ, contributing to company blogs and providing industry POVs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in search engine marketing
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics. Working knowledge of Google Tag Manager a plus
- Hands-on experience with bid management tools a plus (i.e. Search Ads 360, Marin, Kenshoo, etc.)
- Experience with industry research tools (Google Keyword Planner, Google Trends, SemRush, etc.)
- Previous client-facing role and providing exceptional service a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including client presentations
- Strong Excel skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- A self-starting mentality, proactively bringing ideas to the table and a team player
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Paid Media Strategist, PPC (Las Vegas)" in the subject line.
No contractors or recruiters, please.
REQ is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.