Intern - Public Relations (Fall 2019)
We're seeking qualified candidates for a Public Relations Intern position within our Vienna, VA office for the Fall 2019 semester.
At REQ, we'd like to think everyone is looking for an opportunity where they can feel empowered, contribute real results and grow their skills and smarts every day. In this role, we try to provide just that.
The Public Relations intern program provides students with valuable hands-on experience in public relations. Interns also participate in company activities, including training sessions. Public Relations interns are assigned to account teams where they assist with day-to-day public relations and work on a variety of projects over the course of the semester.
We build brands online, and we're proud to work with some of the best technology and consumer brands, non-profits, advocacy groups, small businesses, associations, and influential people. Our diverse client base means a variety of fascinating challenges and learning experiences for you. Expect stimulating projects, educational opportunities, involvement in strategy, and a fun team that values your contributions.
- Media monitoring for client coverage and industry trends
- Complete various projects assigned by team; assignments that will focus on developing communication, research and writing skills
- Editorial calendar maintenance and research
- Work with account teams to research and draft editorial pitches
- Assist in coordination of team meetings/attend internal team meetings
- Attend editorial calls, internal account meetings, client meetings as a silent listener, and briefings with editors as a silent listener
- Current high school or college student interested in pursuing a career in public relations
- Hard worker, ability to multi-task
- Enthusiastic, with an eagerness to learn
- Resourceful and ability to work autonomously
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
For consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Intern - Public Relations (Fall 2019)" referenced in the subject line. Your writing samples should reflect your capabilities and can be products of work experience or college coursework.
REQ is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.