Strategy & Development Associate
We're seeking a qualified, energetic, and positive candidate for a full-time Strategy & Development Associate within our Washington, DC office. As a Strategy & Development Associate, you should expect defined quarterly goals, high expectations, and a fun team that will recognize your contributions.
Our firm works with a wide variety of industries and clients, and our Strategy & Development team's goal is to keep growing the list of highly satisfied clients. Hires will be the first line of prospecting, outreach, and introduction to senior-level professionals within prospective client organizations.
At REQ, you'll be surrounded by people who are curious, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. We enjoy each other’s company and have fun while we work, which is why we were named as a Best Place to Work by Inc., Washingtonian, and Washington Business Journal.
- Prospect and Outreach
- Target and identify potential key contacts based on REQ's new business strategy
- Prospect into multiple organizations utilizing online information sources such as LinkedIn, social media, and other professional networking sites
- Develop, manage, and maintain a list of contacts through cadenced outreach to set introductory calls and meetings with prospective clients
- Participate in introductory calls and meetings and assist in pipeline management
- Company and Industry Knowledge
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of REQ's business model, existing clients, case studies, potential clients, and the digital marketing industry as a whole
- Attend relevant industry events and conferences to broaden knowledge of digital marketing
- Obtain qualifications in Google Advertising and Analytics within the first 3 months of employment
- Support for the Strategy & Development Team
- Organize meeting preparation and follow-up notes for introductory meetings
- Regularly communicate goal progress to the team including: prospect list building, outreach, viable opportunities, and risks
- Use online databases to locate viable Requests for Proposals (RFPs) that we can respond to
- Ensure customer relationship management system (Salesforce.com) contains accurate and up-to-date account details and contact information for prospects
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a hunter's mentality
- 6 months to 2 years of relevant experience (can include relevant internship experience)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written, verbal, and social skills – with acute attention to detail
- Desire to exceed quantitative goals day-after-day
- Strong passion for digital marketing
- Ability to build rapport with senior level professionals
- Thirst to learn and take initiative as part of a small team working to grow a dynamite company
- Knowledge and experience using Salesforce or similar CRM is a plus
- Positive attitude
- DC metro area candidates only
Salary commensurate with experience and includes a full benefits package. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Strategy & Development Associate" in the subject.
No contractors or recruiters, please.
REQ is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.